Was wondering what to do with all the bananas that have gone black on the outer skin due to the heat. Didn’t want to waste them and hence decided to bake something in the oven after long.
It was the auspicious occasion of Gudi Padva and hence decided to go eggless with a caramelized banana cake.
Had read a couple of recipes online and hence mixed matched ideas to get to the below recipe.
Banana – 5 numbers (small sized), 2 cups wheat flour, 2 teaspoons refined flour, 100 gms butter, 200 gms milkmaid, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 2 tablespoons curd, 4-5 drops of vanilla essence
- Grease the baking tin with butter and sprinkle a bit of flour all over the tin and keep aside
- In a bowl, take softened butter and add the milkmaid to it and mix, mix, mix
- Then add the mashed banana
- Sieve the refined flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda together and add it to the milkmaid, butter and banana mixture slowly folding all in together
- Then add the curd, vanilla essence and once again mix, mix and mix – till you get a nice consistency to the batter.
- The batter should not be too runny or not too thick as well.
- Pour the batter into the tin and place the tin in a pre-heated oven at 200 degrees and bake for 25 minutes
- Let it cool and then enjoy the cake with some tea or coffee
I am sure the aroma of the cake will get you hungry and craving to dig in for more.
You can also have some variations to this cake by adding in walnuts or even chocochips to make it fun for kids to eat.
This is a good and easy recipe for some quick fixes when you have sudden guests at home.